Chairs and Presidents of seven UK learned societies concerned with linguistics and languages have released a statement in connection with Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union. The statement has been sent to key policy makers, including:
1. Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation, and Shadow Minister for Business.
2. Secretary of State and Shadow Secretary of State for Education.
3. Secretary of State for and Shadow Secretary of State for Leaving the European Union.
4. The Prime Minister, and the leaders of the major opposition parties.
5. The First Ministers of the three devolved administrations.
6. The Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Modern Languages.