Welcome to the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar, which is designed to list all sociolinguistic events around the world, including conferences, public lectures, training events, PhD summer schools, etc.
If you have a Google account, then you can easily integrate it with your own calendar by clicking the little “+ Google Calendar” icon in the bottom right of the calendar.
You can also sync Google Calendar with Outlook calendar, and with other online calendars that use the iCalendar format (e.g. Apple Calendars) by copying and pasting the following iCalendar URL:
See Apple’s guide for further information.
If you would like your event added, please contact any one of the compilers (time zones included, for information):
- Dave Sayers, email@example.com, Sheffield Hallam University, UK (GMT)
- Natalia Banasik, firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Warsaw (CET: GMT +1)
- Fergus O’Dwyer, email@example.com, University of Muenster, Germany, (CET: GMT +1)
- Valerie Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org, Oklahoma State University, USA (EST: GMT -5)
- Amie De Jong, email@example.com, University of Washington, USA (PST: GMT -8)
- Yasmine Hejazi, firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Washington, USA (PST: GMT -8)
- Anna Belew, email@example.com, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA (HST: GMT -10)
If you’re organising or attending a sociolinguistic event, then you may wish to read these reports, completed by sociolinguists around the world:
Each survey had over 100 responses and showed some clear trends in what people want from conferences and other sociolinguistic events.