CALL FOR PAPERS:
“ARGUMENTING HEALTH COMMUNICATION IN THE DIGITAL ERA”
Friday 13th September 2019
Hosted by the University of Brescia (Italy)
University of Brescia (Italy) is honoured to host the Annual Workshop of the British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL) Health & Science Communication Special Interest Group (SIG). Please see Call for Papers with details in attachment.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
· Prof. Srikant Sarangi, Professor in Humanities and Medicine and Director of the Danish Institute of Humanities and Medicine/Health (DIHM), Aalborg University (DK), on “Modes and modalities in technology-mediated healthcare: A critical appraisal”.
· Prof. Sara Rubinelli, President of the European Association for Communication in Healthcare (EACH) , University of Lucerne (CH), on “Knowledge co-creation in online communities towards a better health services delivery and medical care”
· Prof. Pier Luigi Lopalco, MD, Professor of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, University of Pisa (IT), on “Effective public health communication in the era of social media”
Researchers in applied linguistics, social marketing, shared decision making, communication (from interpersonal to mass media), psychology, government, and health education are called to make proposals aimed at advancing a synergistic relationship between research and practical information in order to build a new interdisciplinary view of argumentation in Health Communication. With a focus on areas of technology and public health, ethics, politics/policy, and the application of health communication principles, proposals on this issue are invited for 20-minute paper presentations as well as posters on any of the suggested areas:
• Ethics and Communication
• Health Literacy
• Intercultural Communication in Health
• Media and Health Communication
• Medical Education
• Public Understanding of Health and Illness
• Health Technologies and Medical Informatics
• Tailoring Health Messages
• Digital Health
· Abstract deadline: 30th March 2019
· Acceptance notifications: 15h May 2019
· Registration opens: 15th May 2019
· Registration closes: 15th July 2019
Proposals for individual paper presentations (no more than 250 words) should be sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For all submissions, please indicate clearly:
– Abstract title, author name/s and institutional affiliation/s
– Contact email address and phone number of the responsible Author.
Fees entirely covered by University of Brescia.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Italy,
(for the Scientific Committee)